Tuesday, October 9, 2007

walk-a-thon

I've been busy shopping for my upcoming college ball for the past one week ..didn't know it was such a tough task, pfft* I seem like a tourist in KL hopping from one mall to another for one whole bloody day. Madness and utterly tiring ! Last monday we were in KL hoping to find for a nice decent dress since the golden triangle's the ultimate shopping spots for KL-ians.We walked from Sg Wang, then to Lot10, KL plaza, BB plaza and to Pavillion but yet couldnt even manage to find a single lookable dress! Pavillion seems to be a very nice place to shop tho, if only it's not that far from PJ=( Geramm* It was like walking the whole entire kl but u came back empty handed. Not satisfied, we headed over to Midvalley and The Gardens for dinner and shop again..This time i finally took off my heels and changed to my comfy flats=) My feet were killing me after one whole day of walking on heels! smart enough for me to leave a pair of slippers in the car *grins* Sad to say the trip was not fruitful at all..i should've known since KL has practically all the shops in Midv/Gardens..maybe even more.. God knows how many thousands of miles i'd walked dat day..

Finally i decided to tailor make a dress, i tot i could save my time as well as the hassle of walking again but reality doesn't turn out to be that way..Thanks jw anyway for helping me to search for all the tailors in PJ =) After a few rounds of tailor hopping on tue and finally set for the suitable one , i was all set to get the material needed for the design i wanted. I needed some kind of rubber cloth similar to satin for the dress i wanted to make but the shops in ss2 do not sell that type of material.arghhh* Geram case # 2. In the end i had to make a move to petaling st in KL- a place where i never thought myself would be, not even passing by.. There i was paying a visit to all the textile shops to enquire bout the material but to no avail. I thought tailor making was easy but hell no! Just imagine how many places i've went in these two days.I think i've walked the entire KL, seriously! this is Crazy.Not wanting to go on like this, I decided to change my design and go for a simpler one like this :
The very next day i went back to the same tailor thinking it was easier to get satin rather than the elastic fabric. Apparently this design was way harder to do than the first. Geram case #3 . I seriously thought it was simpler..haha .. I went for another round of tailor hopping and a few of them actually turned down the job cos they couldnt do it. How complicated that can be...sigh* One tailor even told me to rent from the bridal shops nearby..what the hell.. I wasn't willing to change the design cuz i started to like it so much..Thank god we managed to find a tailor somewhere in Kelana who was willing to make it for me. At first she didn't wan to coz of time constraint but after much pleadings and persuasion she finally gave in =) We were SOOOo relieved after settling bout my dress..the past week was by far the worst shopping trips ever in my entire life.. Unbelievably tough. I actually fell sick after running the errands .. This is not cool...

.

No comments: